OK I admit it, I love birthdays! When there’s a birthday in the family, I feel elated for the whole day and I have a permanent smile on my face. What is better than celebrating a loved one’s birthday with good company and a gorgeous birthday cake? This year I decided to make the Perfect Peach and Pecan Birthday Cake to celebrate my favorite day of the year.
I wanted to make an epic birthday cake to mark this special date. I dare say that I succeeded! The cake not only looked amazing, but it also tasted divine. Our guests were surprised to find out that the cake had no gluten, no grains, no eggs, no butter, and no sugar in it. Everyone wanted to get the recipe. The recipe that you’ll find bellow is very easy to make, as it needs no baking, and of course it is very healthy.
I made the Crust out of Pecan Nuts and Dates. I added a little bit of cinnamon and a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor and it turned out amazing. I had to discipline myself not to eat the crust mixture straight out the food processor. Next time I want to make some energy balls, I will use the same mixture, for sure.
For the Creamy part of the birthday cake, I wanted to make two creams: the first one would be made of soaked cashew nuts, bananas and vanilla, and the second one would need to have peaches in it, my favorite summer fruit in France.
Currently I’m staying in Roussillon, France and the peach trees are in full glory. Peaches have been cultivated here since more than 250 years. Between the Mediterranean Sea and the Pyrenees Mountains, the Roussillon is fully warmed up by the sun for more than 300 days per year. The know-how of the Peach Producers, coupled with the exceptional geographic situation gives birth to peaches of high quality. These peaches are sweet, juicy, and full of delicate flavor, in a word, luscious.
Here’s the recipe for the Perfect Peach and Pecan Birthday Cake!Ingredients
For 26 cm diameter Birthday CakePecan and Date Crust
* 1 ¾ Cup of Pecan Nuts
* 1 ½ Cup of Dates, soaked in warm water for about 5 minutes and drained
* 1 Tsp of ground Cinnamon
* Pinch of SaltCashew and Banana Cream
* 2 ¾ Cup of Cashews, soaked for about 4 hours, rinsed and drained
* 4 ripe Bananas, sliced
* ½ Tsp of Vanilla ExtractPeach Cream
* ¼ of the Cashew and Banana Cream that you’ve already made
* 6 Yellow Peaches, sliced
* ½ Cup of Dates, soaked in warm water for about 5 minutes and drained
* 1 ripe Banana, slicedTopping
* 1 Cup of Coconut Milk, refrigerated for about 12 hours
* 2 Peaches, thinly sliced, one for the side decoration and one for the top decoration
* A few Pecan Nuts for the decorationInstructions
1) Add the Crust Ingredients, Pecans, Dates, Cinnamon and Salt, in your food processor. Process until obtaining a sticky consistency which holds together. Apply the mixture in your spring-form pan and create your crust. Keep in the freezer.
2) Add the Cashew and Banana Cream ingredients, Cashews, Bananas and Vanilla, in your food processor. Process until you get a beautiful, rich cream.
3) Slice one Peach and place the slices on the edges of the spring-form pan, to create a side decoration (see above picture). Add ¾ of the Cashew and Banana Cream to create a thick layer of cream on top of the crust. Place in the freezer.
4) Add all the Peach Cream ingredients to the remaining Cream in your food processor and process until you get a flavorful, rich cream. Place the Peach Cream in your refrigerator for a couple of hours. When the Cashew and Banana Cream has solidified, add the Peach Cream on top, to create another layer on your cake and place it back in the freezer.
5) Finally, when the Peach Cream has solidified, add the topping. Put the Coconut Milk in a big bowl and whip it to make a Coconut Whipped Cream. Ice your cake with the Whipped Cream and put it back in the freezer for about one hour.
6) Decorate the Perfect Peach and Pecan Cake with Pecans and slices of Peaches. Defrost the Cake in the fridge for about 3 hours, or half hour in room temperature before serving. Enjoy!